So I just got a new job, but I don’t want to part with my old professional binder. So I upgraded if with some left over fabric and Mod Podge so the old company logo doesn’t show.
It was my first time using Mod Podge (is that a huge first or what?) so I’m still getting used to it, but I laid down a coat 2 inches at a time.
And would place the fabric down over the glue and smooth it over. Then apply 2 more inches of mod podge and repeat working your way down the whole surface. I didn’t want the fabric to be wrinkled. I also let it hang over the edges.
So the binder had a front pocket and I stuffed it full of tissue to make the edge stand up. I applied mod podge to the inner (or under part) of the fabric and tucked the fabric along the pocket’s edge so the edge was smooth and the fabric end did not show. Let this dry (took mine about an hour) and add another top coat of mod podge to the material ( then let the project dry completely over 24 hours). I chose the mat finish so it wouldn’t be shiny. I did find the finished product to be a little coarse.
Day 2, I used my rotary cutter to trim the overhanging fabric from the seams. I would wait till the mod podge is dry or else it gets all over the blade.. A couple of my edges looked rough so I used a blue paint to unify the edges .. a more careful cutter could probably finish it beautifully and not need the paint.
I also painted extra details on to the interior and back. I used this image to help with the tree motif. I’m really happy with the results! Can’t wait to start the new job, equipped with my new binder!